Thursday, March 1, 2012

Assembly on the horizon

Good progress on L's guitar today.  Fitted the neck and tested the fit of the ribs into the spanish heel.  Routed the heel to make room for the top to fit.  Made the butt block and shaped it.  I've pretty much decided that the bindings will be rosewood with a white laminate, the back strip, which was inliad some time ago is white-rosewood-white.  I plan on making the headstock plate from the piece of Brazilian I have.  It will be a symetrical figured plate, perhaps with a light colored veneer under it.  The bridge will be Brazilian as well.  With the neck, top and sides fitted and the back just laid on, it's beginning to look like a guitar.  Some pics if I can get them to load.  Will beging to thin and shape the Brazilian for C's guitar while I run through my checklist to make sure that I'm ready for the glue-up on L's guitar.

It's weird!  I can see the pictures I took today on the camera's disk, but when I try to view on the computer, they're missing.  I'll try a direct hookup via a cable.  Otherwise, I'll post them later.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! Am so excited you are sharing as you build your amazing guitars! Keep it up even if you don't get feedback. After a few months you'll look back and be amazed at all you accomplished. :)

    ReplyDelete