Friday, June 29, 2012

Neckin' again, and on top o' the world (rosette, that is)

The first top inlaid with the "earth" rosette
I cut the channel by hand/no router

Ok, I finished scraping the rosette inlay on the first top that I inlaid the earth rosette.  Above is a shot of it:



More progress on carving the neck and spanish heel.  I like the heel design, it's easier to carve and attractive.  The head design won't be cut out until the overlay(s) are on. 

Work continued on the neck.  I like the
heel design.



It was bloody hot today until a line of thundershowers moved through.  Went to Carmel to take care of some business.  Not sure what's keeping me going...I got up at 0400.  Last eve, I ordered filler for cedar and rosewood and some abalam for inlay material.  I'm determined to learn how to make beautiful inlays.

Happy 4th of July everyone...

Add another 20 hours.

G'day

No comments:

Post a Comment