Saturday, June 23, 2012

Out of my head


I guess that's not what you're supposed to say when you have a new idea for something, is it?  Well, a new idea for a head design for C's guitar did come out of my head.  She saw it and loved it and the Rosette gift I made her.  Progress was made on the neck and my neighbor, Clyde gave me a stainless steel base from a gas grill, which I reconfigured it to make a dust hood.  I can use it to sand at least small items without being "dusted" with wood dust.  Seems that I've developed some sensitivity to some of the woods that I use, so I need to improve my dust control measures and wear some protective garb and a respirator when necessary.  The head design will be my little secret for a while.

Here are a couple of shots of the neck and the hood:

The neck and spanish heel

How can the neck be connected to the heel?

The hood

I thought hoods looked like James Gandalfini.  Ha Ha

I must have about 40 hours invested in C's guitar so far.  Could be more  Haven't kept very good track, but will try harder to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment