Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch

....and so it came to pass that....

I have not posted pictures or commentary on the completion of C's guitar, which as I mentioned has been dubbed "La Tierra".  There are a number of reasons for this:
  1. I didn't want Cheryl to see the guitar in its finishing stages because I planned (and it happened on Sat., Nov. 3rd) a small gathering with someone playing La Tierra (Turns out that my friend Matt Beal did it, very well, I might add).  A good time was had by all and Cheryl even brought an old friend from Elkhart, Marcia Fulmer, a local celeb, journalist, actor/activist in the Elkhart Civic Theater, and generally a force on the civic scene in Elkhart.
  2. I was just too darn busy finishing La Tierra and Laura's guitar, which I've dubbed "La Milagro".  I don't think that this is proper Spanish, but it expresses what I wanted and that goes along with Laura's physical issues and an incident that happened to her a number of years ago.  It means "The Miracle".
  3. I wanted to have some professional photos taken of the two guitars and that has now been accomplished and, if I can do so, I'll attach two word documents containing the photos and some thoughts for each recipient.  OK, that didn't work, so I'll attach a couple of photos of each guitar instead:
  4. OK, that's pretty much it for these two instruments, but certainly not the end of the story.  I cannot wait to hear the recipients' reactions to their instruments when that first chord is strummed.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jerry, did you my LinkedIn message today? I need to talk to you about a consulting opportunity. Scott Brix scott.brix@takabio.com

    ReplyDelete