I've tested the top now several times using Visual Analyzer an think that I am getting some usable results. The tap tone, as I've thinned the top has shifted frequency toward the bass side. Problem is, since I have no experience using this method of analysis to predict the outcom. I'll simply keep the records of the testing and when its time to play the guitar, I'll know just how this data predicts the outcome. Since the top goes on first, this allows some tweaking of the top to adjust the sound up to the point I put the back on.
I also worked on the head plate and a sample of the rosewood today. I'm experimenting with the rosewood pore filler and haven't quite got it yet. I'll do a bit of research online to find out what I'm missing. Here are a couple of shots of the wood from a couple of different lighting perspectives.
|Just a couple of coats of satin lacquer|
|Same piece, different lighting (satin, not Satan)|
Some family stuff. A Mercer Clan reunion (descendants of Arthur Morgan Mercer) is to be held at an unspecified (here, that is) time and place. We expect about 20 or so people from around the US and Canada. It's been a long time since I've seen them and I'm really looking forward to the visit. More on (not moron) this soon.